Although all coronavirus measures have been lifted in the Netherlands, this does not mean that the coronavirus has gone away; people will continue to get infected and become ill. That is why some advice to limit the spread of the coronavirus is still in place.
Advice to limit the spread of the coronavirus
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often with soap and water, and cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- If you have Covid-19 symptoms (cold, shortness of breath, fever), stay at home and do a self-test.
- Self-isolate after testing positive for Covid-19. This means staying at home in a separate room from others in your household.
- Ensure a good flow of fresh air.
- Keep your distance; it is no longer mandatory to stay 1,5 meters from others, but this remains a safe distance.
- Get your initial vaccinations and booster jab.
Quarantine and Isolation
For the most recent self-isolation and quarantine rules and to get personal advice based on your situation, visit: quarantainecheck.rijksoverheid.nl/en.
Should you test positive for Covid-19, you should quarantine for a minimum of 5 days. If after 5 days, you have been symptom-free for 24 hours, you can leave the house again. If you have tested positive and have symptoms of COVID-19, the self-isolation period begins from the time you developed symptoms. If you test positive but do not have symptoms, the period starts on the test date.
What will stay the same for students and staff
- If students and staff members are suffering from (mild) cold symptoms, they can come to school IF they have done a self-test before coming to school which is negative. It is strongly advised that students and staff members who suffer from mild cold symptoms do a self-test every morning before coming to school. Until the summer holidays self-tests will be available for free at school.
- Basic hygiene rules will stay in place (frequent hand washing, cough/sneeze in your elbow etc).
- Ventilation remains important, to stop the spread of the coronavirus
Self-tests replace official GGD tests
From 11 April onwards you can no longer make an appointment at the GGD for a Covid-19 test. If you are suffering from (mild) cold symptoms, you should do a self-test. If your self-test is positive, you can personal advice based on your situation by doing the Corona Check.
Keeping the community safe
Please make sure you inform the school of a Covid-19 case in your household, via email@example.com.
As you know the ventilation systems in the main building and Pionier were always in line with the newest guidelines. We are now pleased to inform you that we have now invested in a new ventilation system for the Annex. This system works to a high standard. Naturally we will continue to open windows and doors regularly in all three buildings.
Continuation of Learning
Please familiarise yourself with the ISUtrecht Continuation of Learning Plan.