The Parent Support Group (PSG) is an organisation that supports the parent community within the International School Utrecht (ISUtrecht).
Through collaboration with the ISUtrecht leadership team and staff, we connect our diverse and culturally rich community through participation, communication and social engagement. At ISUtrecht parent participation and engagement is key to creating a strong family-friendly community.
Mission and Vision
Our mission is to create a community that enriches the ISUtrecht experience, for both parents and students. Our vision is to be a dynamic, inclusive group of parent volunteers from diverse cultures, sharing our skills and experiences.
How can you get involved?
There are various volunteer roles for parents within the school. We are always looking for parents who want to join our fun PSG team. It is a great way to meet other school parents and families and familiarise yourself with Utrecht. If you are interested, please reach out to email@example.com.
- Overall chair – 1 vacancy (whole school). Overall responsibility for community, events and infrastructure activities across the school. Provide leadership and direction to the volunteer groups. Meets regularly with ISUtrecht leadership team.
- New parent coordinator: 1 vacancy ( EY). A NPC is a volunteer parent who assists new families with basic school and community questions. He or she tries to connect new parents with existing parents with similar background in country, language and/or child’s grade.
- Coffee mornings: 2 vacancies (whole school). We are looking for two parents eager to organise monthly coffee mornings for parents at ISUtrecht.
- Parents social evening: 1 vacancy (whole school). A parent volunteer open to organise evening and weekend events for parents to meet and mingle. You will work closely with the daytime social parent.
- Grade level parent: 2 vacancies per grade level (MYP and DP). We are looking for a parent or two for each secondary grade level who will be the contact between the parents and the PSG. We would like these parents to be open to host coffees or organise evening events for their grade level for all parents to enjoy.
- Lost & Found : 1 vacancy (whole school). A parent volunteer to monitor the lost and found baskets. To organise lost and found displays and parent pickup once a term and organise for unclaimed articles to be delivered to charity.
- Staff Appreciation: 1 vacancy (whole school). A parent volunteer to organise staff birthday cards and help coordinate/guide class parents on class gifts at Christmas and the end of the school year.If you are interested in filling any of the above-mentioned vacancies, please email PSG@parent.isutrecht.nl
New Parent Connectors (NPC)
The New Parent Connectors are volunteer parents who assist new families with basic school and community questions. We try our best to connect you with an existing parent who is willing to share their ISU experiences, preferably someone with a similar background in countries, languages and/or children’s grades. If you are new to the school, please send an email to NPC@parent.isutrecht.nl.
Class parent representative & class volunteers
Each class in EY and PYP has at least one parent who works closely with the class teacher and the PSG throughout the year and communicates with the wider class parent population. Teachers in primary use the class parents to find volunteers and to inform their grade of events and activities. Primary class parents can organise their own playdates, coffees, etc. with their class if they feel comfortable doing so. We are in the process of setting up a grade parent role in secondary (MYP/DP).
Activities for the general class volunteer can range between guided reading, accompanying field or class excursions, class decorations, crafting, festivity planning which generally requires multiple parents. These activities are a fantastic way to get engaged with your child’s class, get to know the other students and meet other parents.
The PSG organises activities and events throughout the school year, varying from school-wide events, such as ArtBurst and Sinterklaas, to parent excursions such as the Christmas market in Dordrecht and the Keukenhof and family activities such as Halloween and Avondvierdaagse. Upcoming events are posted on the school app (for school parents only).
Come join the PSG!