After School Activities – Second Term
At the ISUtrecht there are a variety of after school activities students can participate in. Most activities are geared at primary students.
Activities are run over 2 terms from October until February and from March until June. Students have to sign up before the 2nd Term starts on 3 March 2020.
- Activities offered by childcare organisation Kind & Co
- Photography club
- Mother tongue clubs
Kind & Co Activities
- The majority of after school activities for ISUtrecht students are organised by childcare organisation Kind & Co,
- Activities are open to primary students,
- Activities takes place on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays directly after school,
- Activities will start the week of Monday, 9 March.
You will receive a separate school app message this week with a letter from Kind & Co, informing you about their activities and registration. Registration and communication are directly with Kind & Co.
- Primary (Grades 3 – 5) Monday 3.15 to 4.15 starting on 2 March,
- 15 lessons for €225
- Secondary (Grades 6 – 10) Thursday 3.00 to 4.00 starting on 5 March,
- 14 lessons for €210
Email Lila Rodrigues and Andrea Janes at email@example.com to sign up.
Mother Tongue Clubs
- Currently we offer the following mother tongue classes after school:
Dutch, Hindi, Tamil, German, French, Hebrew, Turkish, Greek Telugu, Spanish, Gujarathi and Mandarin.
- We are looking for an Italian and a Portuguse teacher if you know of someone,
- Should you be interested in setting up a new mother tongue club, please contact coordinator Lindsey Dudgeon at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are interested in your child participating in the mother tongue programme but do not see the language you’re interested in, then contact Lindsey to see if there can be a new language club started.
Dutch Thursday – Teacher: Monique van Deuveren email@example.com
Hindi Friday – Teacher: Neha Agarwal firstname.lastname@example.org
French Tuesday and Wednesday – Teacher: Nat Pastor email@example.com
German Tuesday – Teacher: Selina Burgard (Gr 2 and up) firstname.lastname@example.org
German Thursday- Teacher: Lidia Scharmer (KG & Gr 1) email@example.com
Tamil Friday – Teacher: Bala Gomathy firstname.lastname@example.org
Telugu Wednesday – Teacher: Sujatha Balla email@example.com
Turkish Tuesday and Friday – Teacher: Eda Kavlak Kavas firstname.lastname@example.org
Greek Friday – Teacher: Maria Zonafou email@example.com
Hebrew Monday – Teacher: Smadar Shpigel Peled firstname.lastname@example.org
Mandarin Wednesday – Teacher: Sin Fok email@example.com
Spanish Day tbc Teacher: Javier Parilla firstname.lastname@example.org
Gujarati Day tbc email@example.com
- Open to boys and girls in grades 3, 4 and 5 (all combined),
- Practice will take place on Wednesdays from 13.15 until 14.15 at the Zwaluwen Utrecht football club facilities close to school,
- Limited to 30 participants,
- €55 per term to be paid before the 1st lesson by pin card in the ISUtrecht Finance Office after you received a confirmation email from the coaches,
- Coached by Mr Jeroen Lamme and Mr Nick Bolhuis,
- Practice will start on Wednesday, 4 March.
To enrol please click on the link
- The Chess Club provides an environment for players to build a strong foundation in the game of chess,
- The Steps method is followed, which was successfully adopted by many chess clubs and schools in the Netherlands and other European countries. The club is run by ISUtrecht parent volunteers,
- Open for students in grades 1 to 5,
- Students play in the Media Centre of the Main Campus,
- Students must choose to play on either Wednesday 12.45 – 13.45 (after a supervised lunch),
or Friday 14.45 – 15.45,
- €65 per term to be paid before the 1st lesson by pin card in the finance office after you received a confirmation email.
- The club will start on Wednesday, 4 March, and Friday, 6 March.
Registration is on a first come, first served basis. We have experienced that friends enjoy playing chess together so please keep that in mind when you register your child for a specific day.
To enrol please click on the link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScBBlQ976IiNhFYronQiRy_Vm9faVKyOLpNNPyOwK-azm8puw/viewform?usp=pp_url
After School Ensembles
- Primary Choir (Grades 2 – 5) The Primary Choir sings on Tuesdays from 15.00 – 16.15. If your son or daughter enjoys learning more about singing technique and performing, please register by emailing Jennifer Diepman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Primary Orchestra (Grades 2 – 5/Strings: Grades 1 – 5) Rehearsals are on Mondays from 15.00 – 16.15 and Wednesdays from 12.15 – 14.00. Students are trained in developing skills on an orchestral instrument to make music together. It is recommended to also take private lessons.
- The Primary Orchestra is currently full.
- Intermediate players may audition to be placed on the waiting list by contacting Jennifer Diepman at email@example.com.
- Interested beginners can let their music teacher know they are interested during the music lessons in September 2020, when more openings will be available.
After School Individual and Group Private Lessons
- For information about available times and fees, please contact the private music teachers listed directly.
- If you are interested in an instrument we currently do not offer, please contact Jennifer Diepman at firstname.lastname@example.org so that ISUtrecht can look into if it is possible to provide instruction in this instrument as well.
Ms. Hannah Donohoe email@example.com Monday, Tuesday & Friday
Ms. Rebecca Jansen firstname.lastname@example.org Tuesday & Thursday
Mr. Daniël Muskitta email@example.com Monday, Tuesday,
Thursday & Friday
Ms. Elena Vyaznikova firstname.lastname@example.org Wednesday
Ms. Desirée Riera email@example.com Tuesday & Thursday
Mr. Alberto Pérez firstname.lastname@example.org Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
& Friday; Waiting list: Monday
Ms. Susana Opanski email@example.com Wednesday & Friday
Keyboard/Piano (KG – Grade 1)
Ms. Helena Sousa Estévez firstname.lastname@example.org Wednesday & Thursday
Keyboard/Piano (KG – Grade 12)
Ms. Sofia Skopou email@example.com Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
Mr. Daisuke Kanamaru firstname.lastname@example.org Monday & Tuesday
Mr. Jochem Krijnen email@example.com Wednesday
Secondary Piano and Voice (Contemporary/Jazz)
Mr. Rienk Speelman firstname.lastname@example.org Monday – Friday
Mr. Rutger Dingemans email@example.com Tuesday & Friday
Mr. Daan Quittner firstname.lastname@example.org Wednesday