At the ISUtrecht there are a variety of after school activities students can participate in. Most activities are geared towards primary students.
Due to the Covid-19 government regulations most of our After School Activities are on hold. Music and Home Language Clubs continue via Teams and Zoom.
Activities are run over 2 terms from October until February and from March until June. Parents will be invited to sign up via the school app.
There are various types of activities on offer at the ISUtrecht:
- Activities offered by childcare organisation Kind & Co
- Photography club
- Home Language clubs
Kind & Co Activities
- The majority of after school activities for ISUtrecht students are organised by childcare organisation Kind & Co,
- Activities offered vary from term to term and examples are; yoga, arts & crafts and drama,
- Activities are open to all primary students,
- Activities take place on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays directly after school,
- The first term start after the October break and the second term after the February break.
You will receive a school app message with a letter from Kind & Co, informing you about their activities and registration. Registration and communication are directly with Kind & Co.
A school app message will be sent out informing parents about all activities and registration in September and February each year.
- Primary (Grades 3 – 5)
- Secondary (Grades 6 – 10)
Home Language Clubs
Currently we offer a number of home language clubs after school: Dutch, German, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Mandarin, Portuguese, Sanskrit , Spanish and Tamil. If you are interested in your child participating in the home language programme but do not see the language you’re interested in, then contact Lindsey Dudgeon to see whether a new home language club could be started.
To register your child for one of the mother tongue clubs currently on offer, please contact the language teacher directly via email:
- Dutch – Thursday – Teacher: Monique van Deuveren
- German – Tuesday – Teacher: Selina Burgard (Gr 2 and up)
- German – Thursday- Teacher: Lidia Scharmer (KG & Gr 1)
- Gujarati – Friday – Teacher: Payal Pragnesh Gandhi
- Hebrew – Monday – Teacher: Smadar Shpigel Peled
- Hindi – Friday – Teacher: Neha Agarwal
- Italian – Thursday – Teacher: Nadine Bertozzi
- Mandarin – Wednesday – Teacher: Sinead Fok
- Portuguese – Timings to be confirmed – Teacher: Susan Mulder
- Sanskrit Shloka – Wednesday – Teacher: Payal Pragnesh Gandhi
- Spanish – Monday – Teacher: Javier Parilla
- Tamil – Friday – Teacher: Bala Gomathy
- Open to boys and girls in grades 3, 4 and 5 (all combined),
- Practice will take place on Wednesdays at the Zwaluwen Utrecht football club facilities close to school,
- Limited to 30 participants,
- €55 per term,
- Coached by our PHE teachers; Mr Jeroen Lamme and Mr Nick Bolhuis.
- The Chess Club provides an environment for players to build a strong foundation in the game of chess,
- The Steps method is followed, which was successfully adopted by many chess clubs and schools in the Netherlands and other European countries. The club is run by ISUtrecht staff and parent volunteers,
- Open for students in grades 1 - 5,
- Students play in the Aula of the Main Campus,
- Students must choose to play on either Wednesday or Friday,
- €65 per term.
After School Ensembles
- Primary Choir (Grades 2 – 5), directed by Jennifer Diepman.
- Primary Orchestra (Grades 2 – 5/Strings: Grades 1 – 5), directed by Melinda Miguel and Jennifer Diepman. Students are trained in developing skills on an orchestral instrument to make music together. It is recommended to also take private lessons.
- ISU Intermediate Orchestra (Grades 2 – 12), directed by Melinda Miguel and Jennifer Diepman. Intermediate players will develop their playing and ensemble skills further on Wednesdays and Fridays. Secondary students join when their schedule allows them to. It is recommended to also take private lessons. An audio or video recording is required for placement. Please send to Jennifer Diepman.
- Secondary Vocal Group (Grades 6 – 12), directed by Paul Kemp.
- Secondary Rock Band (Grades 6 – 12), coached by Paul Kemp.
- Secondary Musical: Drama Troupe and Instrumentalists, directed by Elena Gramatikovska, Paul Kemp and Juan Osorio.
After School Individual and Group Private Lessons
For information about available times and fees, please contact the private music teachers listed below directly via email. If you are interested in cello, oboe or saxophone lessons or would like to study an instrument we currently do not offer, please contact Jennifer Diepman.
- Violin/Viola – Hannah Donohoe
- Double Bass – Monday, Tuesday – Daniël Muskitta
- Flute – Elena Vyaznikova
- Clarinet – Desirée Riera
- Trumpet/Horn/Trombone/Baritone/Tuba/Production – Alberto Pérez
- Guitar – Susana Opanski
- Keyboard/Piano (Early Years specialist) – Helena Sousa Estévez
- Keyboard/Piano (KG – Grade 12)
- Secondary Piano and Voice (Contemporary/Jazz)/Production – Rienk Speelman