At the ISUtrecht there are a variety of after school activities students can participate in. Most activities are geared towards primary students.
Activities are run over 2 terms from October until February and from March until June. Parents are invited to sign up via the school app.
There are various types of activities on offer at the ISUtrecht:
- Activities offered by childcare organisation Kind & Co
- Photography club
- Mother tongue clubs
Kind & Co Activities
- The majority of after school activities for ISUtrecht students are organised by childcare organisation Kind & Co,
- Activities are open to primary students,
- Activities take place on Mondays, Tuesdays, or Thursdays directly after school,
- Activities will start the week of Monday, 9 March.
You will receive a separate school app message this week with a letter from Kind & Co, informing you about their activities and registration. Registration and communication are directly with Kind & Co.
- Primary (Grades 3 – 5) Monday 3.15 to 4.15 starting on 2 March,
- 15 lessons for €225
- Secondary (Grades 6 – 10) Thursday 3.00 to 4.00 starting on 5 March,
- 14 lessons for €210
Email Lila Rodrigues and Andrea Janes at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
Mother Tongue Clubs
Currently we offer the following mother tongue classes after school: Dutch, Hindi, Tamil, German, French, Hebrew, Turkish, Greek Telugu, Spanish, Gujarathi and Mandarin.We are looking for an Italian and a Portuguese teacher if you know of someone,
Should you be interested in setting up a new mother tongue club, please contact coordinator Lindsey Dudgeon. If you are interested in your child participating in the mother tongue programme but do not see the language you’re interested in, then contact Ms Dudgeon to see if there can be a new language club started.
To register your child for one of the mother tongue clubs currently on offer, please contact the teacher directly via email:
- Dutch – Thursday – Teacher: Monique van Deuveren
- Hindi – Friday – Teacher: Neha Agarwal
- French – Tuesday and Wednesday – Teacher: Nat Pastor
- German – Tuesday – Teacher: Selina Burgard (Gr 2 and up)
- German – Thursday- Teacher: Lidia Scharmer (KG & Gr 1)
- Tamil – Friday – Teacher: Bala Gomathy
- Telugu – Wednesday – Teacher: Sujatha Balla
- Turkish – Tuesday and Friday – Teacher: Eda Kavlak Kavas
- Greek – Friday – Teacher: Maria Zonafou
- Hebrew – Monday – Teacher: Smadar Shpigel Peled
- Mandarin – Wednesday – Teacher: Sin Fok
- Spanish – Timings to be confirmed – Teacher: Javier Parilla
- Gujarati – Timings to be confirmed. To express an interest, please email home language coordinator Lindsey Dudgeon.
- Open to boys and girls in grades 3, 4 and 5 (all combined),
- Practice will take place on Wednesdays from 13.15 until 14.15 at the Zwaluwen Utrecht football club facilities close to school,
- Limited to 30 participants,
- €55 per term to be paid before the 1st lesson by pin card in the ISUtrecht Finance Office after you received a confirmation email from the coaches,
- Coached by Mr Jeroen Lamme and Mr Nick Bolhuis,
- Practice will start on Wednesday, 4 March.
- The Chess Club provides an environment for players to build a strong foundation in the game of chess,
- The Steps method is followed, which was successfully adopted by many chess clubs and schools in the Netherlands and other European countries. The club is run by ISUtrecht parent volunteers,
- Open for students in grades 1 to 5,
- Students play in the Media Centre of the Main Campus,
- Students must choose to play on either Wednesday 12.45 – 13.45 (after a supervised lunch),
or Friday 14.45 – 15.45,
- €65 per term to be paid before the 1st lesson by pin card in the finance office after you received a confirmation email.
- The club will start on Wednesday, 4 March, and Friday, 6 March.
After School Ensembles
- Primary Choir (Grades 2 – 5) The Primary Choir sings on Tuesdays from 15.00 – 16.15. If your son or daughter enjoys learning more about singing technique and performing, please register by emailing Jennifer Diepman.
- Primary Orchestra (Grades 2 – 5/Strings: Grades 1 – 5) Rehearsals are on Mondays from 15.00 – 16.15 and Wednesdays from 12.15 – 14.00. Students are trained in developing skills on an orchestral instrument to make music together. It is recommended to also take private lessons.
- The Primary Orchestra is currently full.
- Intermediate players may audition to be placed on the waiting list by contacting Jennifer Diepman.
- Interested beginners can let their music teacher know they are interested during the music lessons in September 2020, when more openings will be available.
After School Individual and Group Private Lessons
We are currently offering the following instruments: violin/viola, cello, double bass, flute, clarinet, trumpet/horn/trombone/baritone/tuba, keyboard/piano, guitar, piano and voice (for secondary students) and drums/cajón/djembé. If you are interested in an instrument we currently do not offer, please contact Jennifer Diepman. Ms Diepman will look into if it is possible to provide instruction in this instrument as well.
For information about available times and fees, please contact the private music teachers listed directly via email.
- Violin/Viola – Monday, Tuesday, Friday- Hannah Donohoe
- Cello – Tuesay, Thursday – Rebecca Jansen
- Double Bass – Monday, Tuesday – Daniël Muskitta
- Flute – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday – Elena Vyaznikova
- Clarinet – Tuesday, Thursday – Desirée Riera
- Trumpet/Horn/Trombone/Baritone/Tuba – Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday; Waiting list: Monday – Alberto Pérez
- Guitar – Wednesday, Friday – Susana Opanski
- Keyboard/Piano (KG – gr1) – Wednesday, Thursday – Helena Sousa Estévez
- Keyboard/Piano (KG – Grade 12)
- Secondary Piano and Voice (Contemporary/Jazz) – Monday-Friday – Rienk Speelman