International School Utrecht (ISUtrecht) is the first official Dutch International School in the Province of Utrecht. Since opening its doors in August 2012, the school has flourished. ISUtrecht will start the 2016-2017 school year with an enrolment of over 400 students aged 4-17, together representing over 35 nationalities.
ISUtrecht is an IB World School, accredited to teach the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP) and Diploma Programme.The school welcomes its first DP students in August 2016. We are also proud of the extremely positive report which resulted from a visit by the Dutch educational inspection (Onderwijsinspectie) in March 2016.
ISUtrecht provides a challenging, rigorous and accessible intercultural learning environment to primary and secondary students from diverse international backgrounds.
Through internationally respected and recognised programmes we involve our students in meaningful learning experiences as an essential part of a 21st Century education.
As a community school we serve the international community and seek cooperation with local partners, including Utrecht University. ISUtrecht seeks to actively contribute to the international character of the Utrecht area.
Learning for world citizenship
We support our students to develop a love for learning and become:
- Successful learners
- Confident, understanding, respectful individuals
- Responsible world citizens
- Effective contributors
- Academic, physical and creative development
- Intercultural understanding and the celebration of difference
- The fostering of students’ own background and identity
- Dutch language and culture
- Healthy lifestyle choices
- A responsibility for the community, from local to global